Ulusaba Cliff Lodge | Sabi Sands
Children are welcome at Ulusaba and on arrival are referred to as ‘cubs’ and given a Cub’s Club Backpack to make them feel immediately at home. Their pack is full of goodies to help keep them entertained as well as to educate them about the African Bush.
All cubs will find a welcome letter in their room along with a list of useful numbers they can dial to contact staff as well as other members of their pride; dedicated security guards pay particular attention to rooms occupied by valuable cubs.
• A treasure hunt to help familiarise themselves with their surroundings
• Story books/educational books in rooms and the Lounge
• A great range of new and classic children’s DVDs and videos that they can watch in the lounge, along with music CDs
• Imaginative games combined with education organised
• Your ranger will be on hand to spend time with cubs to tell them all about the bush and the animals they see
As cubs less than 6 years cannot participate in regular game viewing or safari walks the lodge can arrange short excursions around Rock Lodge to spot birds, insects, lizards etc.
Bedtime story telling in the Lounge, complete with milk and cookies can be arranged
If parent’s wish Cub’s cuisine with meals such as pizza, toasties, pasta etc can be prepared.
Can be arranged with the lodge’s off-duty staff on request
Should you require a bespoke set programme for your pride of cubs then simply contact the lodge in advance with details of their ages and interests and they will be happy to sort this out for you.
On departure, all cubs will be invited to become permanent members of Ulusaba Cub’s Club and will receive a bi-annual newsletter and a birthday card.