Singita Castleton, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa – 2020
A Private Villa or Lodge in South Africa
Kruger National Park, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
Per House / Villa
A member of the
Singita Castleton, the original home of the Bailes family is found in a privately owned 45,000 acre game reserve in the Sabi Sand Reserve. Adjacent to the Kruger National Park, this area is fondly known as ‘Big cat country’. Reminiscent of an African farmhouse, richly detailed interiors in a neutral palette contrast with traditional tartans and classic prints creating an unbuttoned, lived-in appeal
In this idyllic lodge setting, gracious service from a staff that includes a private guide, tracker, chef, and housekeeper is finely tuned to the dictates and desires of each guest.
Singita Castleton consists of a main house with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people. It is steeped in history, capturing the spirit of the original Castleton house, giving the lodge a historical and comforting nature. Singita Castleton has been designed to combine the best elements of a private safari lodge with the rustic charms of a country farmhouse, with the added benefit of extensive high-end facilities, including a vast garden, swimming pool, wine cellar, gym, tennis court and spa treatment room. Guests can relax together in the courtyard, gather around the traditional ‘boma’ or meet in the country-style kitchen, yet the individual cottages allow guests to retreat to the privacy of their own space as and when it’s needed. All of this is overlooking a waterhole where animals regularly gather to drink.
WHY CHOOSE SINGITA CASTLETON?
- Experience a game of tennis as you never would have before.
- Community Visits are flexible excursions to a local village to enable our guests to gain insight into daily community life and the local Tsonga culture.
- With a private wine cellar guests of Singita Castleton may enjoy superb wine throughout their stay.
|2019||01 Jan – 31 Dec||Lodge||ZAR 251140|
|2020||1 Jul – 31 Aug; 15 Dec – 5 Jan 2021||Lodge||ZAR 291320|
|2020||1 May – 30 Jun; 1 Sep – 31 Oct||Lodge||ZAR 273740|
|2020||6 Jan – 30 Apr; 1 Nov – 14 Dec||Lodge||ZAR 256160|
Rates are Per House / Villa unless otherwise specified.
Singita Castleton rates include:
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private Guide, house manager, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover safaris (one vehicle for up to 8 guests, two vehicles for 9-12 guests), walking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers), tennis
- If a private therapist is booked during stay, the daily rate includes a maximum of 5×1 hour massages
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family. For the interest
of safety, children’s’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Hiking / Trekking