MalaMala Sable Camp
MalaMala Sable Camp is a smaller, more intimate version of MalaMala Camp and is ideal for those seeking a more private and secluded safari experience. MalaMala Sable Camp is situated at the southern end of MalaMala Camp in a prime elevated position overlooking the Sand River and surrounding bushveld.
Sable Camp can accommodate a maximum of 20 guests in 7 suites – some of which can accommodate 3 guests sharing. It may also be reserved exclusively for between 14 and 20 guests.
- An elegant, African themed, air-conditioned dining room
- An air-conditioned lounge / library area with satellite television and DVD player
- An airconditioned safari bar
- A traditional reed “boma” for evening meals around the fire
- An expansive wooden safari deck, overlooking the Sand River.
- A filtered swimming pool nestled in the flood plain below the camp
- The safari boutique and fitness facility are located at MalaMala Camp, situated close by.
- A massage service
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
- Six Riverview luxury suites (including the two-bedroom Lion’s Den suite) and one Waterhole suite
- Suites – 85m2
- Decks – 15m2 to 20m2
- Lion’s Den Suite: two en-suite bedrooms separated by a large sitting room
- Family rooms able to accommodate a third adult or two children are available on request
- Age restriction: no children under the age of 12 unless the camp is reserved exclusively
- Capacity on game drives: six guests per safari vehicle
- Private deck overlooking the bushveld with river or waterhole views.
- En-suite bathroom with bath, shower and private WC
- An outdoor shower for a nature experience with a difference
- 24-hour temperature control – air-conditioning, heating and overhead fans
- Direct dial telephones
- A mini-bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- A mini-safe
- Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hairdryers
The availability calendars reflect 2 different MalaMala Camps, but they are in fact the same camp. Our reservations office from which this information is drawn is utilising a new calendar, MalaMala Camp (*) in 2021 due to a change in room type availability at MalaMala Camp as of 04 January 2021.
We are no longer able to confirm and guarantee the choice of a waterhole view or a river facing view and any individual room requests are subject to availability on check-in.
- Luxury Suite: en-suite bathroom with bath, shower & outdoor shower
- Luxury Room: en-suite bathroom with a shower only
As the number of rooms reflected on the availability calendars below are not the full inventory of available rooms, we recommend that you contact us should the space required not be available on the online calendars.