MalaMala Main Camp
Each and every room has stylishly been decorated with authentic South African décor, and is conveniently outfitted with ‘his’ and ‘hers’ bathrooms. Private decks offer unobstructed views of the savannah. Family rooms are able to accommodate a third adult or two children on request.
10 suites (85m2 each)
8 rooms (55m2 each)
1 room (40m2 )
Accessible Suite & Services
MalaMala prides itself on being one of the few safari destinations able to offer a fully equipped suite for those with disabilities.
- Master bedroom with two en-suite bathrooms and an additional disabled bathroom
- Adjustable desk/table
- Separate lounge area may be converted to a bedroom for an accompanying aid
- Game drives are conducted safely in a Land Rover equipped with wheelchair ramp.
Head to the main lodge for an atmosphere that is conducive to both conversation and quiet contemplation. Relax on the expansive deck, under the shade of an old Jackalberry tree, and observe the parade of animal life at the Sand River’s edge.
- Dining room
- Safari Bar
- Library with satellite television and internet connectivity (aka – the Monkey Club)
- Infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- Safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artifacts
- Small fitness facility with a variety of equipment and a steam room
- Massage service is available on request
- Mobile phone coverage and wireless internet connectivity are available.
Savour the Savannah
Hearty breakfasts, buffet lunches and fireside dinners are all on the menu at MalaMala. Dinner is accompanied by a selection of excellent wines and served in the enclosed, open-air boma. When the weather is suitable, candlelit tables cover the safari deck for stunning sunset views over the Sand River.
The chefs are happy to accommodate special dietary requirements, as well as any special occasions. Please advise when making your reservation.
Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino – the “Big Five” and the most sought after species of game that attracted hunters in the past. Today, in reserves like MalaMala, experienced rangers do the hunting exclusively for your viewing pleasure. And the only shooting happens with cameras. Spotting these magnificent creatures from an open Land Rover is a thrilling once-in-a-lifetime encounter!
- 6 guests per safari vehicle
- Photographic Safari (additional rates apply)
- Exclusive use of a safari vehicle can be arranged upon request, but is subject to availability and daily fees apply for empty seats.