Mala Mala Main Camp – Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve
Home of the authentic and exclusive safari experience, this family-friendly safari lodge continues to set the pace in the magnificent Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve.
- Directly borders the Kruger National Park
- Intimate Big Five game viewing
- Child safari programmes and activities
See The Original Kruger Safari Package based on this lodge.
What sets this camp apart?
This Sabi Sand safari lodge is renowned internationally for its exclusivity and incredible game viewing, with Leopard sightings being a top attraction. This child-friendly lodge in South Africa is well suited to families and those who enjoy a colonial atmosphere.
In a private game reserve located within Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, guests truly have the place to themselves. There are no traversing rights for other surrounding reserves. It’s just you and 5 other guests on a game drive, led by an exceptional ranger and tracker team. There are no fences between the reserve and Kruger National Park so Big Five game viewing is unregulated and unforgettable.
The camp offers high comfort for young and old alike. Guest rooms are very spacious and have 2 en-suite bathrooms. Children enjoy the exciting Junior Rangers programme while parents slip away for an in-room massage or gym work out.
The camp overlooks the Sand River, and every aspect is designed to enhance the views. With a drink in hand, you can watch wildlife at the water’s edge from your private deck or from the beautiful infinity pool. Enjoy fine dining and a selection of wines from the well-stocked cellar.
Mala Mala Camp Facilities
- Lounge, air-conditioned dining room and historic bar
- Air-conditioned library with satellite television and DVD player
- Shaded safari deck for game viewing over the Sand River
- A fully stocked wine-cellar
- A small fitness facility with a steam room
- Infinity pool
- Massage therapy available on request
- Safari boutique (quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts)
- Mobile phone coverage and Wireless Internet connectivity
Children of all ages are welcome at Mala Mala Main Camp but those aged 4 and under are not permitted to dine in the boma or to be taken on game drives, unless their parents have reserved sole-use of their safari vehicle.
Special dining arrangements can be made and baby-sitting services are provided on request at a nominal charge.
Next – Accommodation