Dulini Leadwood Lodge, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Kruger National Park
The area surrounding the Dulini Leadwood Lodge offers a great diversity of beautiful African wildlife making it the perfect place for the traveller in search of spectacular wildlife viewing safari experience.
With its four spacious and well-appointed suites, the Leadwood lodge offers exclusivity and privacy at its best. The Leadwood camp features a total of four private suites.
These are situated away enough from each other to offer guests their privacy, yet they are still close enough for families to be near to each other. The rooms are designed to blend in with the surrounding environment as rich natural colours in the suites.
Large glass doors provide the perfect window into the African plains and riverbanks below where guests can enjoy spectacular views of the wildlife which comes to get their daily water. The suites offer private decks which boast their very own plunge pool and king size beds. The best of comfort in the rooms include underfloor heating adding a touch of modern-day luxury to the safari accommodation.
The mornings are started at the lodge with cheese and fruit platters, tea, coffee, fruit juices and some hot meals to choose. Lunch at the lodge is light meals served on the deck with fantastic views of the river below. Dinners are a social event with meals around a warm burning fire in the outside boma. Dinner offers delicious and traditional bush meals.
The Lodge is in one of the most spectacular wildlife viewing regions African has to offer, as such all the activities at the lodge are based on the reserve and wildlife viewings. While staying at the lodge, guests can enjoy two exciting safari drives daily, one when dawn approaches and an afternoon safari drive which continue till the sunsets. The safari drives offer a fantastic animal viewing experience as the 4×4 safari vehicles can travel off the road on a harsh terrain to where the animals are.
The trained and experienced guides and trackers take visitors directly to where the animals are so one is almost guaranteed to see most of the wildlife which is home to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. The thrilling safari drives take guests out to areas in the reserve where the larger animals such as elephant, rhino, lion, cheetah, leopard are which increases the chances of seeing the ‘Big 5’ while on a trip. As the Rangers follow the animals and no particular route, no two safari drives are the same.
Bush walks are a fantastic way to explore the environment with a close-up and personal approach as guests get to see, feel and smell the nature around them with no constricting factors. While out on a bushwalk, visitors are lead around the reserve areas which are close to the lodge for safety reasons.
A day at the Lodge
- Wake up for your early morning safari drive/tea, and coffee is enjoyed while on the drive
- Come back to camp and enjoy breakfast
- Relax in the pool, enjoy a book or take a leisurely and informative bushwalk
- Lunch is on the viewing deck
- After Lunch, you can spend some more time relaxing before going on your afternoon safari drive
- On arrival back from the late afternoon/evening safari drive, guests may return their rooms to change and refresh
- The Boma awaits with a delicious dinner
- After dinner, coffee and desserts
- Guests are invited to spend some time at the boma socialising or just retire back to the comfort of their room for the evening.
Quick Facts about Lodge
- Exclusivity is the lodge only features four suites
- Ideal for families as the whole lodge can be booked out
- Borders the Kruger National Park and is in the wildlife-rich Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- The reserve offers a large number of animal species making it ideal for animal viewing
- Leadwood Lodge is a 5 – 6 hours drive away from Johannesburg.